Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Chinese Wisteria Bonsai

One of the seed purchased for my horticulture venture are Chinese Wisteria Seeds. This plant is said to make an excellent bonsai, according to my research. The process begins with stratifying seeds by soaking them in warm water for a minimum of 24 hours. I began that at 6:30 pm on the date of this post. On Sunday evening, I planted them in 2" pots of moist potting soil.

To make use of materials I already have, I put the pots in a plastic cupcake container which came from the store when I purchased cupcake for my students.

I keep the container closed except for when I'm checking on them. The expected germination time is 21 days, probably because of their hard casing, which is also probably why I had to soak them for 24 hours prior to planting. Let's see what we have come April 5, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment