Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Plantaholic - My Daughter's New Name for Me

Well, most of my seeds have arrived. Although I am still awaiting my Willow tree and the Dwarf Blue Cedar Seeds. At the eagerness with which I am purchasing a variety of seeds and various planting supplies, my daughter has given me a new nickname... Plantaholic. Sigh...

Well, there are worst things to which I could be addicted. Perhaps I might share with you the newest purchases which have earned me the new label. Below are pictures of the seeds which I have just purchased through ebay.
Item picture Rare Blue Rose
Item picture Rare Midnight Blue Rose
Item picture Rare Black Rose
Item picture Rare Blue Strip Rose
Item picture Rare Patriot Rose
Item picture Rare Purple Rose

Here is the catch, my research has revealed that roses grown from seeds are not likely to be identical to their parents because there could have been some cross pollination and sheer genetics. I'm also aware that the first blooms may not resemble the blooms of the rose bush wants it is mature, which is around 1 - 2 years. However, I was willing to take that chance. Just the chance that I could have roses of these vibrant colors is enough for me.

The seeds have been ordered; now I just have to wait for them to arrive to begin the stratification and scarification process. It will be at least two months before I have anything noteworthy to report. I am very excited and will you keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment