Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Red Pyracantha



One of the variety of seeds purchased for our horticulture adventure, the one my daughter chose as hers, is Red Pyracantha. Here is a photo taken from the internet.







According to the sellers instruction, I will receive the best germination ratio by stratifying the seeds for 2 - 3 weeks. Today I popped them into the fridge. My research revealed that this is quite an easy process. I simply took a moist paper towel, carefully wrapped the seeds in the moist paper towel, and put them into a plastic ziplock bag. Into the refrigerator they went. I plan to take them out on 3-30-14 which will be 18 days.

I haven't decided for sure yet, but I am thinking of starting them in a the same moist paper towel to ensure germination. This process seems to be a favorite of those who have been germinating seeds for many, many years. Since I haven't had much luck in that department, I'm likely to follow in their footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment